Would you like to join a dynamic group of people bringing music to life in the Greater Rochester community? Volunteer to help the RPO! Your generous efforts will help maintain our extensive array of musical, educational, and community programs.
RPO volunteers are given the unique opportunity to work and learn in a variety of "behind-the-scenes" environments and meet others who share a desire to improve our communitiy's cultural life.
From planning and executing exciting special events to serving as educational ambassadors for young children, our valued volunteers play a critical role in our efforts to achieve and maintain the mission of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra.
There are many volunteer opportunities for individuals in the RPO family, including:
- Rochester Philharmonic League: Members of the League serve as in-school docents and escorts for educational concerts. They also sponsor the Young Artist Auditions program, appreciation events for the RPO Orchestra and Staff, and fundraising.
- General Office: Assist with clerical tasks, prepare mailings, help with data entry, or work at the reception desk.
- Special Events/Fundraising: Help plan the next gala, golf tournament, Symphony Showhouse and other fundraisers; help to obtain corporate sponsorships; create ways to thank supporters.
- Marketing: Become an usher for RPO concerts, distribute marketing materials.
- Hospitality: Assist with furnishing or serving refreshments at events.
- Finance: Assist with data entry.
- Rochester Philharmonic Youth Orchestra: Assist with special projects, assist the RPYO Manager.
- Miscellaneous: Run errands, assist with office building maintenance.
To become a member of our dedicated volunteer corps, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your name, mailing address and daytime/evening phone numbers. Indicate any specific skills or talents you would like to share. Questions may be directed to Brigid Ryan at (585)-454-7311 (x243). A personal interview will arranged upon receipt of your application.