- Privacy Statement. The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, Inc. (RPO) operates the rpo.org web site. The RPO regards the privacy and security of user information as a critical component of the service that we offer to our users. The following information explains our information gathering and dissemination practices.
- Registration. You may be required to register in order to be granted access to certain services such as online ticketing at this web site. At the time of registration, you may be prompted by one of our online forms to provide certain personal information to us, including your name, company name, and email address ("Registration Data").
- Registration Data. We use Registration Data to send you information about our organization and to keep you informed of concerts and events in which you might be interested. We also use Registration Data to tailor our Web site to your particular needs. We use demographic and profile information to tailor your experience at our site, showing you the content that we think you might be interested in as well as displaying the content according to your preferences. You may choose to stop receiving future communications from us. Please see the Opt-Out and Discontinue Section below. We do not share Registration Data with any other for-profit company or organization. We occasionally trade mailing lists with other local non-profit organizations that we think would interest our patrons. The trade never includes your email address.
- IP Addresses. IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as "traffic data" so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. The RPO will not use your IP address to attempt to identify your personal information.
- Referrers. A Referrer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and is automatically collected by our web server as "traffic data." This information may be used by the RPO to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to our site visitors' interests. You will not be personally identified from this information.
- System Information. System information we collect as part of "traffic data" includes time, the type of web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is sent automatically by your web browser when you are connected to a web site. This information is used by the RPO in identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to improve our Web site design and technology choices. You will not be personally identified from this information.
- Children Under Age of Eighteen. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. The RPO web sites are not designed to attract children under the age of 18 and the RPO does not knowingly collect personal information from children on our web sites. We do not collect any registration information from users who indicate they are under the age of eighteen (18). Ordering online tickets and/or merchandise from rpo.org is limited to adults age 18 or over or as otherwise legally defined.
- Security. Information collected by the RPO is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. All of our employees and contractors are dedicated to maintaining and upholding your privacy and security and are aware of our privacy and security policies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information within our systems, the RPO cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Opt-Out and Discontinue. Subscribers may elect to op-out and to discontinue receiving future communications from us through making the appropriate changes to your personal subscriber account at this web site. In addition, you may elect to avoid future communications from the RPO by sending an email to email@example.com with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the message line. Notwithstanding the forgoing, even if you have opted-out, under urgent circumstances, we reserve the right to send you information about the service or your account, but we will not send you unsolicited communications regarding any general information regarding this Web site or commercial offers or advertisements if you have opted out or discontinued such communications.
Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra
108 East Avenue
Rochester, New York, 14604
tel: (585) 454-7311
fax: (585) 423-2256
Last Update: August 2003.